A gorilla trekking permit acts as a permission for you to join the trek to search for the mountain gorillas in their nature habitat. Some call it “Gorilla Pass”. Each gorilla group is visited by a maximum of 8 persons in a group every day. Therefore, the number of gorilla permits available per day is limited. Rwanda currently has 10 gorilla groups habituated for tracking, meaning, only 80 gorilla permits available per day. Therefore, any traveler interested in gorilla tracking is advised to book the permit (s) early before they are sold out.
How to Book a Gorilla Permit / Gorilla Pass in Rwanda?
Gorilla permits are usually booked through credible Tour Operators and Travel Agents like African Jungle Adventures Limited. If you book a tour with us, the price quoted always includes a gorilla permit(s). In other words, we offer an all-inclusive tour package. Or hire any of our cars, we assist you to book gorilla passes.
You can also book your gorilla trekking permits for Rwanda at Rwanda Development Board (RDB) Reservation Office in Kigali via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Costs for Rwanda gorilla trekking permits:
The price for gorilla trekking permits in Rwanda vary depending on one’s Nationality as seen below;
– US$750 per permit for Foreign Non Residents
– US$450 per permit for Foreign residents living in any of East African countries excluding Rwanda. These include Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Burundi. One must posses a valid Passport for at least 3 months, and a work permit for the East African country he/she is living in.
– US$375 per permit for foreigners working and living in Rwanda with an approved documents like visa and passport.
– US$300 per permit for East African nationals such as Kenyans, Burundians, Ugandans and Tanzanians
– 30,000 Rwanda Francs for Rwandan citizens
Uganda Gorilla Trekking Permits
Uganda currently has 13 gorilla groups in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and 1 gorilla group in Mgahinga National Park. This makes a total of 14 groups and these groups include Mubare, Habinyanja, Rushegura, Oruzogo, Kyaguriro, Bitukura, Nshongi, Nkuringo, Mishaya, Businje, Kahunjye and the newly habituated Bikingi and Bushaho, as well as one gorilla group of Mgahinga known as Nyakagezi. However, Nyakagezi gorilla group is not yet stable as it some times crosses the boarder to Volcanoes National park in Rwanda and Virunga National Park in Democratic Republic of Congo.
Cost of Uganda Gorilla Trekking Permits
– US$ 600 per person for foreign non-residents
– US$ 475 per person for East African Foreign Residents
– UGX250000 for East Africans and Ugandans
How to Book a Gorilla Permit / Gorilla Pass in Uganda?
As already note, gorilla permits are usually booked through credible Tour Operators and Travel Agents like Gorilla Expeditions Limited. Uganda gorilla permits can also be booed through Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) headquaters in Kampala. Email: email@example.com